Tuesday, March 13, 2012

RANDOM: A page from my memo...dated 18 Nov 2011...one of my favs


"Our college is hosting a conference on nanotech and biosciences..wats that got to do with me?.well, after i got to know that the anchor's post was vacant, i applied for it..it wasnt easy..not after wat happened to me the last time i went on stage...it was our freshers day at presidency..and i volunteered as the emcee.. writing the script and the practicing at the rehearsal sessions didnt take much time..twas a cakewalk..my co host was pretty gud at this hosting thing...maybe it was cos she had experience...anyway...it so happened that i had to be alone on the stage for about 5 minutes during which i would welcome and introduce the princi, vice princi, chairman, and whoever was there at the judges table..i was standing at the wings, script in hand, pretty confident that i would go on the stage and give a gud show..i still remember the pangs of nervous energy increasing with every step..the walk to the stage seemed to last for eternity..i could see and feel everything at a whole new level..i mean..details which i would have never observed stood out prominently..the stray thread at the button of my blazer, the sweat on my brow, a patch of dirt on my shoe lace in addition to my own breathing and heartbeat..the moment i got on to the stage, the whole quadrangle went quiet..i could FEEL 1300 pairs of eyes fixed on me as i prepared myself to speak..my mouth went dry as i searched for words..my knees felt weak and my hands started trembling.."what is happenin to me??! I aint supposed to have stage fright" i thought.somewhere, a guy whistled..i had no track of time..i was told that i did mess a few things up..like the princi's name, order of performances..the chiefguest's welcome and other stuff...lets see what happens today...*fingers crossed*..!"

No comments:

Post a Comment