Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I had a nightmare...

"So what?? All of us have nightmares". Yes, I have nightmares all the time. But the one i got was in such excruciating detail, it just HAD to mean something. I did some reading on oneirology, and it turns out, the dreams we have are simple imaginative representations of whats happening with us and how we feel in our real life. (You will not believe how much info wikipedia has on this). So like any dream, i have no idea of how it started. But i remember waking up (in the nightmare), my hair was cut short in a very crude choppy way. (The horror!). A letter on my pillow, signed by my dad which said that he gave some work to the sissors when i was asleep. I went out of my room and stumbled down a flight of stairs (our house was two storeyed?). The kitchen faucet was running and the house seemed to be empty. I tried to shut the tap. The handle kept turning but the water wouldnt stop. I went outside. The whole neighbourhood was empty. "Weird huh?" someone said. When i turned to see who that was, and at the living room table, i saw me. i mean ME, older, but i knew it was me. He had a french beard, shoulder length hair, awesome physique and a knife through his heart (wait..what??) He stopped sipping his coffee, got up and said "You gotta think quick or thats how it'll be" and looked behind me i followed his eyes and i was face to face with a wooden board. "i dont underst-" I looked back. I was trapped in a box, which was slowly shrinking. "Time's running out bro" he told. I screamed to be let out. The box just squeezed harder on me. Claustrophobia kicked in and with a jerk, i woke up. heart racing. (It seems pretty stupid now. But isnt it always that way??) Strangely though. The more i think of it, the more realistic it seems. Even after a day, i think i still feel the wooden box clamping down on my chest....

No comments:

Post a Comment